Please join the Equity and Inclusion Office in partnership with Student Self Advocacy researcher, Emunah Woolf, the MacPherson Institute and MSU Maccess for a special Disability DIScussion about Disabled Student Rights and Self-Advocacy!
WHEN: Tuesday December 3rd (12:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
WHERE: MacPherson Institute Classroom, Mills Library floor 5R (access via elevator 3)
Structure of Event:
12:30pm-1:30pm: A presentation at the beginning of the session for those who would like to learn more about the rights of students with disabilities. All Welcome!
1:30pm-2:30pm: A closed session for McMaster students who identify as disabled/ experiencing accessibility barriers at the University / have SAS accommodations and would like to debrief the presentation and discuss self-advocacy for entitled rights.
– ASL Interpretation will be provided for both parts of the event
– Pizza will have Halal, vegetarian and vegan options (Please email Kate if you have a dietary requirement at email@example.com)
– The venue is mobility device accessible, and able to be reached via elevator 3 on floor 5R of Mills Library
– We encourage participants to limit their use of scent, in accordance with McMaster’s Scent Awareness Guidelines
– For all other accommodation needs, email Kate: firstname.lastname@example.org