Although many of us are working off-campus, a few academic and service-unit partners from across McMaster have come together to coordinate and share the online teaching and learning programming available to attend during the month of May.
Teaching and Learning Month highlights the range of programs, events and services available for students, staff, faculty, sessional or contract instructors, and administrators.
Anyone from the McMaster community is welcome and encouraged to participate. Registration for almost all of these events is free! Visit the Schedule to see the full list of opportunities and for registration information.
“Teaching and Learning Month offers McMaster instructors a time to reflect on teaching experiences over the past semester, to determine what worked well that might be retained in the upcoming academic year, and to take the time to learn new skills and develop new ideas as we all prepare for the challenges and possibilities that lay ahead.”
Information Box Group
Training and development events offered through the MacPherson Institute and campus partners. Please find all of our events on our events page.
Interactive Teaching and Learning with Zoom
10:30AM to 11:45AM
This 75-minute workshop is designed for instructors looking for ways to build interactivity into their synchronous learning sessions.
List of Virtual Events
Resources Available Any Time
- Instructional Continuity Special: Quick Start Video to Using Echo360 [Pre Recorded]
- Instructional Continuity Special: Preparing to Teaching Online @Mac [Pre Recorded]
- Instructional Continuity Special: Teaching Remotely [Guidebook]
- Instructional Continuity Special: Test and Exams in Avenue to Learn [Guidebook]
- Preparing a Teaching Portfolio [Guidebook]
- Research on Teaching & Learning [Guidebook]
- McMaster Teaching Assistants [Guidebook]
- Forward with FLEXibility: A Teaching and Learning Resource on Accessibility [Guidebook]
- How to Teach Effectively Online using Zoom by Contact North (Monday, May 11 at 10:15 am – 11:15am)
- How to Teach Effectively Online using Zoom by Contact North (Tuesday, May 26 at 2:00pm – 3:00pm)
Found the perfect event but it’s SOLD OUT? We’re constantly adding new sessions and expanding attendee capacity, where possible. Consider subscribing to our weekly e-Newsletter, the MacPherson Memo, for the most up-to-date information right to your inbox every Wednesday afternoon.