Information Box Group
Training and development events offered through the MacPherson Institute and campus partners. Please find all of our events on our events page.
Course (re)Design Workshop
10:00AM to 3:30PM
Back by popular demand, this workshop aims to engage and support faculty and instructional staff in the new design or redesign a course. The 3-day workshop includes facilitated sessions on course design topics, including constructive alignment, learning outcomes, and assessment.
Partners in Learning: How the Student Success Centre Can Help Instructors
9:30AM to 10:30AM
You will learn how the Student Success Centre (SSC) can partner with you to support student learning inside and outside the classroom. This session will provide an overview of the SSC and highlight specific services and resources you can integrate or use to complement your teaching and curriculum development.
7 Core Skills of Accessibility
1:00PM to 2:30PM
Attendees will learn how to apply the 7 Core Skills of Digital Accessibility to the McMaster ecosystem, including Microsoft Office 365 products (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Time will be allocated for Question and Answer discussions and facilitate how to build an inclusive online community.
Creating Accessible Content in Avenue
10:00AM to 11:30AM
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) are the ISO-recognized criteria for creating accessible web content referenced in the AODA information and communications standard. In this workshop, we will review the guidelines relevant to the materials you teach with and discuss how to apply them to create more accessible course content.
TA Drop-In Session with an Educational Developer
10:00AM to 11:00AM
These sessions will be an opportunity for McMaster University Teaching Assistants to connect with Educational Development Fellows, and experienced peer Teaching Assistants, to ask any teaching- and learning-related questions they may have as they start their Winter term TA positions.
Building Empathy and Support for Greater Inclusion in Online Courses
1:00PM to 2:30PM
This webinar uses collaborative tasks to explore the values and motivations associated with inclusion and exclusion. It also asks participants to consider ways in which they might support people who want to be included in various situations.
List of Virtual Events
Resources Available Any Time
- Instructional Continuity Special: Quick Start Video to Using Echo360 [Pre Recorded]
- Instructional Continuity Special: Preparing to Teaching Online @Mac [Pre Recorded]
- Instructional Continuity Special: Teaching Remotely [Guidebook]
- Instructional Continuity Special: Test and Exams in Avenue to Learn [Guidebook]
- Preparing a Teaching Portfolio [Guidebook]
- Research on Teaching & Learning [Guidebook]
- McMaster Teaching Assistants [Guidebook]
- Forward with FLEXibility: A Teaching and Learning Resource on Accessibility [Guidebook]
- How to Teach Effectively Online using Zoom by Contact North (Monday, May 11 at 10:15 am – 11:15am)
- How to Teach Effectively Online using Zoom by Contact North (Tuesday, May 26 at 2:00pm – 3:00pm)
Found the perfect event but it’s SOLD OUT? We’re constantly adding new sessions and expanding attendee capacity, where possible. Consider subscribing to our weekly e-Newsletter, the MacPherson Memo, for the most up-to-date information right to your inbox every Wednesday afternoon.