Digital Annotation in the Classroom
May 25, 2022
10:00AM to 11:00AM
Date(s) - 25/05/2022
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Digital annotation has many advantages over traditional blackboards. It works effectively with hybrid delivery tools like Echo360, MacVideo, Zoom and Microsoft Teams. It allows you to save your annotations and share the files with students. From a lens of universal design, digital annotation offers increased accessibility and more colour contrast than a chalk or whiteboard. This workshop will explore how to use the classroom SMART podium screens with various digital annotation software that McMaster offers.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Turn Smart Ink and Smart Touch on and off
- Use Smart Ink to annotate over your PowerPoint presentations
- Annotate with other Microsoft desktop apps (Excel and Word)
- Annotate with Microsoft web apps (OneNote and Whiteboard)
- Annotate using the SMART Notebook software included on classroom computers
Facilitators: Joey Ricottone, Audio/Visual and Information Technology Specialist, Campus Classroom Technologies (CCT)
Format: Hybrid. Participants are encouraged to attend in person (BSB 105) if they would like to physically try the digital annotation tools. A Zoom link will be provided upon registration to follow along remotely.