Date(s) - 13/04/2023
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
It is with utmost pleasure and excitement that we invite you to participate in the 2023 Student Partners Symposium on Thursday, April 13th.
This event will be held:
- Virtually from 9:00-11AM with “rapid reflections” presentations to showcase the awesome projects from the Fall 2022 – Winter 2023 cohort!
- In-Person (and hybrid) with a panel presentation from 1-2pm in the MacPherson Classroom (Mills Library 5th floor)
- A social celebration (aka – informal networking hour) from 2-3:00PM in the MacPherson Classroom (Mills Library 5th floor). Refreshments will be offered for the in-person events for attendees/registrants.
The panel presentation will be exploring Trends in Student Partnerships. We will be joined by:
- Antonio Dos Sontos, the Editorial Manager for the International Journal for Students as Partners (IJSaP), MacPherson Institute.
- Cherie Woolmer, Assistant Professor and Canada Research Chair (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning), from Mount Royal University.
- Sharonna Greenberg, Assistant Professor within the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Faculty of Science.
- Robert Fleisig, Associate Professor in the W Booth School of Engineering Practice and Technology, Faculty of Engineering.
- Panel Facilitator: Erin Aspenlieder, Associate Director, Central Programming, MI
We are thrilled that Dr. Cherie Woolmer, Assistant Professor and Canada Research Chair (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning), based in the Mokakiiks Centre for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning from Mount Royal University will be at MI and available for one-on-one or small group consultation with any interested faculty, instructors, staff or students on Thursday, April 13th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Dr. Woolmer will be available to meet and discuss projects or ideas related to SoTL and also student-faculty partnerships.
Partners from the Fall 2022 – Winter 2023 cohort participating in the rapid reflections (virtual presentations) will be given a max of 5 minutes to present and you will be limited to one slide. There is a folder on the SPP Teams page where you can submit your slide on or before April 7th and we will create a slide deck so no one has to worry about sharing their screens or prolonged transitions between presentations! There will be ample time built into the event for questions and socializing.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or any member of the SPP team if you have any questions.