Teaching & Learning Organizations & Conferences:
There are a few major teaching and learning academic organizations and conferences that you may wish to put on your radar!
Canadian Society for the Study of Higher Education
- Promotes scholarship relevant to Canadian postsecondary education with attention to its structures, processes, and diverse communities
- Annual conference associated with Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Website: https://csshe-scees.ca/
- Affiliated Journal: Canadian Journal of Higher Education
International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (ISSoTL)
- One of the leading international academic societies for SoTL
- Annual conference held in October
- Website: http://www.issotl.com/
- Affiliated Journal: Teaching & Learning Inquiry
Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE)
- Largest teaching and learning society in Canada with a focus on promoting and advancing the scholarship of teaching and learning in Canadian higher education
- Annual conference held in June
- Website: https://www.stlhe.ca/
- Affiliated Journal: Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
The Centennial Symposium on Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Annual event held in November and organized by the Institute for Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at Mount Royal University.
- Website: https://isotlsymposium.mtroyal.ca/contact.html
Conference on Postsecondary Learning and Teaching
- Annual conference held in April and hosted at the University of Calgary by the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning.
- Website: https://taylorinstitute.ucalgary.ca/conference2019