We invite applications that focus on implementing sustainable changes in the areas of inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility. Key areas for development include anti-racist, decolonial, and/or Indigenous pedagogies; queer, trans, and gender nonconforming pedagogies; and accessible/disability inclusion-focused pedagogies. Examples may include, but are not limited to, introducing technological enhancements for accessible course delivery, inviting community members to consult on or participate in classes, or exploring existing literature on best practices.
In addition to financial support for funded projects, recipients of the IDEAS grant (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Accessibility and Sustainability) will be offered the opportunity to connect to an educational developer from the MacPherson Institute and a subject matter expert from the McMaster community as identified by the Equity and Inclusion Office. While recipients are not required to engage with these supports, we encourage an initial conversation about the scope and execution of the grant.
- Length: Funds will be disbursed in January 2021 and must be spent by June 30,
- Award Amount: Up to $4000
- Eligibility: Anyone in an educational role at McMaster University can submit a proposal. Successful applicants must be continuously employed by McMaster University for the duration of the grant. Sessional instructors and others with appointments that do not continuously span the full duration of the grant may be co-applicants, as may students (undergraduate or graduate).
Expectations of Recipients
You must be able to commit to the following expectations when you apply for the IDEAS Grant:
- Implement the proposal as approved (e.g., adhering to the budget, meeting timelines,etc.), unless changes requested in writing are approved by the grant administrators.
- Submit a detailed report at the end of the grant term (June 2021) outlining the project’s progress, successes, and challenges (a template will be provided).
- Participate in a knowledge exchange opportunity – details to follow. For questions about the IDEAS grant, please contact MIgrants@mcmaster.ca.